Tuesday, May 4, 2010



Hello, and welcome to Ayurveda News, a current digest of reports appearing in the world's press relating to India's indigenous systems of medicine: Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani.

Because of the sheer quantity of news items appearing in the Indian and foreign press and because of ayurveda's exponentially increasing interest and popularity here and abroad, I've felt that it would be a useful contribution to the ayurvedic profession and to the larger community to gather all of the pertinent news items available in a single, convenient online locale. By way of introduction, my name is Bill Courson, and I have studied ayurveda since 2000 and have been a practitioner of ayurveda since 2006, although I have a lifelong interest in and have written fairly extensively on the subjects of alternative, complementary and traditional lineages of healing.

In addition to my practice and writing, I am on the faculty of the Sai Ayurvedic College of Miami (as well as the latter's dean for institutional development) and direct the ayurveda program at the Starseed Center for Yoga & Wellness in Montclair, New Jersey.

Again, welcome to Ayurvedic News - and I hope that my modest effort is interesting and useful to you.

Namaste,

Bill Courson
Montclair, New Jersey (USA)
May 1, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment